- ALDE Group
- Aviation risks arising from conflict zones
Aviation risks arising from conflict zones
The lack of a comprehensive EU mechanism to tackle aviation risks arising from conflict zones has proven to seriously affect civil aviation safety. This event will aim at identifying concrete solutions and the next steps to be taken in order to promote safety in civil aviation. Furthermore it will aim at bringing the relevant stakeholders together to find solutions. This high level event will also be an opportunity for the European Parliament to contribute to tackling this situation.
Issues to address:
- Implications of flying over conflict zones on safety civil aviation
- Current state of play: how does the aviation sector deal with the risks arising from flying over conflict zones?
- Possible solutions for EU civil aviation: development of a common EU risk assessment mechanism
- Potential problems in implementation (willingness of MS to cooperate?)
Why and how could Europe secure passenger flights flying over potentially dangerous conflict zones?
How should a European system be set up in good cooperation with the member states and the basic need of sharing intelligence?
Point of view of the European Parliament